Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Back Yard Fox



















While moving mulch on Friday, I pulled a stump whose roots had rotted sufficiently that it could be cut free and moved.  It occurred to me that it was about perfect for fixing a game camera to, so I tried it out in the very back of the yard behind the pond.  I clearly did not get the right angle or height -- I will have to experiment a bit with the terriers and set that with a nail placement marker.

Fox showed up immediately, as they  always seem to do in my yard.  This particular fox, however, seemed a bit attentive to the owl box I put up some months back, so perhaps something is going on in there that needs camera attention as well.

A Great Dane (based solely on the back end of the dog) seems to have wandered through the yard at some point. I'm not sure where that dog calls home, but it's not an immediate neighbor.

No comments: